Global Queer Plays
A unique anthology bringing together stories of queer life from international playwrights, these seven plays showcase the dazzling multiplicity of queer narratives across the globe: the absurd, the challenging, and the joyful.
From the legacy of colonialism in India to the farcical bureaucracy of marriage law in Kosovo; from a school counsellor in Taiwan coming out as HIV+, to coming of age in an Israel-Palestine coexistence camp, this is a genre-spanning collection of global writing.
- Contempt by Danish Sheikh (India)
- 55 Shades of Gay by Jeton Neziraj, translated by Alexandra Channer (Kosovo)
- No Matter Where I Go by Amahl Khouri (Jordan)
- Only the End of the World by Jean-Luc Lagarce, translated by Lucie Tiberghien (France)
- Taste of Love by Zhan Jie, translated by Jeremy Tiang (Taiwan)
- Peace Camp Org by Mariam Bazeed (Egypt)
- Winter Animals by Santiago Loza, translated by Samuel Buggeln and Ariel Gurevitch (Argentina)
Originally selected and performed as part of the Arcola Queer Collective's Global Queer Plays call-out event.
Imprint: Oberon Books
Publication Date: 10 December 2018